The updated RedLine continues the legacy with top of line materials and cutting-edge design. The clutch heel cup design drives the foot forward into the toe box and a spiral last holds the foot's position in an aggressive stance. The next-generation power upper features a negative texture for a beasty grip on technical terrain. A lack of midsole allows the foot to flex with accuracy and mobility while you're flexing on the competition.
- Arch Flex: By utilizing 1.8mm thick R2 rand rubber formula, the Arch Flex system gives high performance and unbelievable comfortable, but a glove-like fit. The elastic property in the R2 formula hugs and locks your foot into place without the pain associated with other high performance shoes.
- Silicon Frame: Unique two way stretch framing technology provides a dynamic fit for all different varieties of foot shapes. Also helps to maintain the non-stretch aspects of the upper material for maximum performance.
- Perforated Tek Flex: Their latest upper material provides great breathability along with a little give compared to the original non-stretch fabric.
- Heel Clutch: Constructed with super sticky rubber, the latest heel tensioning system for the Redline gives you unparalleled sensitivity along with enough power for any heel hook. The molded heel piece is connected to the lacing system which provides control over volume and tension.
- Spiral Last: Down-turned, cambered, rotated and twisted to place your feet into the best position to get the most out of your rock shoes.
- Power Tape: Reduces the bulging issue found in down-turned climbing shoes by preventing the rand rubber from overstretching.
- Patent Concave Sole: Mad Rock's innovative and patented Concave Sole allows climbers to utilize their feet as they would their hands. Concave soles are optimal for grabbing at holds while climbing on overhangs, and also help to create a sharper edge and better support for standing on tiny holds and edges.
- Downturned and twisted profile for power and precision
- Stretchy and breathable tongue
- 3D expandable molded heel for a versatile fit made with climbing grade rubber
- Clutch Heel strap to control heel tension
- Molded Power Upper with negative texture for durability and friction
- Upper Material: Tek Flex (synthetic)
- Closure: Hook-and-loop strap
- Midsole: Soft
- Sole Rubber: Science Friction 3.0
- Rand Rubber: Science Friction R2
- Last: Spiral
Super awesome shoe30 September 2022I'm a recent convert to mad rock drones. Thanks to Tom who put me onto the Redlines. Extremely comfortable and high performing. All the strengths of drones, but superior toe hooking ability in my opinion. Obviously with the bomber mad rock heel which you cannot go past. I found it a little more roomy in the toe box than my LV drones. Street shoe 10. US 9/42 in the redlines.