The Drone is constructed on a completely new last design. This flagship shoe takes us to a new level in high performance. The combination of more pointed toe and the down-turned concave shape allows for extremely precise and more powerful edging, making the shoe perfect for ‘grabbing’ holds in slightly steep to steep overhangs. You'll also appreciate the new expandable 3D moulded heel design, soft and supple for fitting into slots and smearing whilst incorporating a nice edge grab which all combines to fit most heel shapes and sizes. The Drone uses high performance stretchy materials, you'll be hard pressed to find such a high performer that feels this good, a super firm fit with comfort. Need some more help with sizing? Click here to learn more. *Please refer to our returns policy for sale/clearance items
- Top performer shoe with high level of comfort.
- Glove-like fit by using high performance stretchy materials.
- Pointed toe box and down-turned concave shape which provides extreme power edging and makes the shoe extra precise for ‘grabbing’ holds in technical moves on overhangs.
- Mad Rock’s new expandable edge heel design will ensure to fit most heel shapes and sizes. With off-centre heel rib for more heel hook power.
- Strong laminated Velcro strap with double closing surface to put either more power on the back of the shoe or on the middle section.
- The elastic arch flex system hugs and locks your foot into place without the pain associated with other high performance shoes.
- The cut of the upper eliminates stitching seams at key points in the toe box allowing for greater comfort and sensitivity.
- Large entrance made from soft and stretchy materials for ease of taking on and off.
- Large toe patch: 1,4 mm Mad Rock Science Friction 3.0 rubber surface for optimal hooking.
- 4,2 mm durable science friction 3.0 rubber sole.
- 2,4 mm sensitive and high friction R2 rand rubber.
- Stiffness: Medium
- Upper Material: Syn Flex
- Closure: Hook-and-loop
- Rubber: Science Friction 3.0 sole, Science Friction R2 upper
- Midsole: 1.8mm polyester midsole
- Profile: Aggressive
- Asymmetrical Curvature: Significant
|Asymmetric, downturned concave
|1 strap closure
|Foot bed Material:
|Concave Science Friction 3.0
|Variable 4,2 mm
|2,4 mm R2
|1,4 mm Science Friction 3.0
|3D Expandable Edge heel
Mad Rock Drone HV21 May 2019Bought this shoe based on very good size guidance by Sam. Very snug fit out of the box. Thought maybe too snug. Wore them around on the crash pads and after a few minutes they were feeling really comfortable. Tried a few boulder problems and was really impressed with how they felt and how they performed. Climbed for a solid 2 hours and was amazed by how good they felt for the whole session. Great shoe.