Designed for the experienced belayer, the GRIGRI is a belay device with assisted braking designed for belaying both in the gym and at the crag. Compact and lightweight, it can be used with single ropes from 8.5 to 11 mm. The assisted braking function improves comfort while belaying, holding a climber or catching a fall. The design of the handled camming mechanism enables exceptional descent control.
- Belay device with assisted braking, compatible with a broad range of single rope diameters, for both gym and crag.
- Feeding slack and catching falls are done using standard belay techniques; always keep a hand on the brake-side of the rope
- The assisted braking function is activated when a climber falls, the device pivots, the rope tightens and the cam pinches and blocks the rope.
- Holding the brake side of the rope helps engage the cam, therefore it is important to always hold the brake side of the rope
- Compatible with dynamic single ropes 8.5 to 11 mm, optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm
- Rope installation diagram engraved on both the interior and exterior of the device
- Exceptional comfort during descents: Smooth descent control is achieved thanks to the progressive action of the cam
Weight: 175 g
Rope compatibility: 8.5 to 11 mm single rope
Material(s): aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other BJR CLIMBING EQUIPMENT users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.