It's more fun to switch between Sport, Trad, Bouldering, and Gym climbing.
This means you either need a quiver of shoes or a pair that can handle everything you throw at it. The Mad Rock Lyra is an all-conquering Women's Climbing Shoe, with a lower volume and profile fitting.
With moderate asymmetry, a shape-retaining Tek Flex synthetic upper, and relatively flat sole, the Lyra can move from bolt-clipping to pebble-wrestling to gear-plugging to plastic-pulling without sacrificing performance or comfort.
The Arch Flex polycarbonate midsole and dual hook-and-loop straps provide a supportive, glove-like fit, while the 3.8mm Science Friction 3.0 rubber sticks to slabs, jibs, and dishes with equal aplomb.
For the boulderers and serious sport climbers out there, the Lyra features a 3D-molded Torque heel, which has a super-snug fit and has been outfitted with textured X5 rubber for maximum grip, hold, and sensitivity when you're heel hooking your way up your newest problem. There's a rubber patch on top of the toe, too, to assist with toe hooks, and a slightly elastic R2 rand that hugs your foot without squeezing it to death.
*Check out the M5 for a more high volume fit.
Need help with sizing? Click here to learn more.
- Tek Flex synthetic upper
- 3.8mm Science Friction 3.0 rubber with 2.2mm R2 rubber rand
- Arch Flex AES polycarbonate midsole
- 3D-molded Torque heel with X5 rubber
- Power Upper rubber toe patch
- Polyester footbed
- Moderately asymmetrical shape
- Upper Material: Tek Flex
- Closure: 2 hook-and-loop straps
- Midsole: Arch Flex (polycarbonate)
- Rubber: Science Friction 3.0 sole , R2 upper , X5 heel
- Profile: Flat toe and concave midsole
- Moderate Asymmetrical Curvature
- Weight: (single, size 9) 8.4oz
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other BJR CLIMBING EQUIPMENT users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.